[W5SFA] Repeater Update

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Tue Aug 6 19:50:37 CDT 2019

Members,

This morning Dan White and I reconfigured the UHF and VHF antennas in the
Bellville tower for digital (UHF) and analog (VHF).   Both bands are now
using the highest antenna at 274' above ground level.  As a result, UHF
should have a better "reach" than previously.  I'd also like to thank Dan
for giving me some badly needed Elmering about cans and duplexers!

Again, remember the UHF repeater is digital only, and you must use a DG-ID
of 00, which acts as a digital squelch.  The VHF repeater is FM analog only.
However, UHF digital traffic will be repeated on VHF analog, and vice versa.

WithIn the next couple of days, I should have the VHF repeater set up so it
identifies itself again.  There will also be a short courtesy beep
indicating the end of a transmission.

Please exercise the repeaters as much as possible over the next few days.
I'll be monitoring most of the time.  Let me know if you experience any
trouble with the repeaters, or if you have any questions!

Thx es 73,

Roger N5RWK