[W5SFA] FT 991 - C4FM and Digital IDs and EchoLink

Dennis Email dhcody at att.net
Wed Oct 10 15:14:43 CDT 2018

My mistake John,  I had assumed all of the 991's had gone back to Yaesu for the mods to make them an -A because of all the difficulties.  I looked in the 991 manual and they do not address DGID groups but only groups which is the internal ID of the radio itself.  Big difference between the 991/991-A as there is in the DR-1x and 2x repeater.   I purchased a FTM-400 a year ago and still had to do a firmware upgrade to make it work with the DGIDs in the Bellville repeaters.   My suggestion would be call tech services at Yaesu to see if they have a fix or firmware update for the 991 to work with DGIDs on the DR-2x repeaters....  Good luck    73

Dennis H. Cody WR5DC
dhcody at att.net
281-844-0985