[W5SFA] FT 991 - C4FM and Digital IDs and EchoLink

Dan White dan at dandlfarms.com
Wed Oct 10 19:20:18 CDT 2018

John,

Call me 979-398-0306 Dan. I have a 991.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Gervais
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:10 AM
To: w5sfa at w5sfa.org
Subject: [W5SFA] FT 991 - C4FM and Digital IDs and EchoLink

Can anybody explain how to set up my FT 991 with DG ID10? Somehow I set it
up for DGID 40 but can’t figure out how to edit or add a new ID 10. I’ve
seen some YouTube’s but it shows the FT991A and using WiresX. It tried some
semblance of that to no avail. So far I’ve confirmed I am in C4FM and in
digital and I have a DG ID 40 in there.

Also I’ve been communicating with some buddies that use VHF/UHF only via the
EchoLink software. In my personal opinion only EchoLink is kind of hamish
but it’s the best that I know of to make contact with those not on HF. Also
when I’m out of range I’d like to check into our Tuesday nets (when I
remember) by accessing some local repeater. Would it be too much trouble to
add our repeaters to the EchoLink system? Is there a better alternative?

73
John KG5NCL