[W5SFA] Repeater Status

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Tue Jan 23 19:32:02 CST 2018

W5SFA Members,

Dan set up the analog FM linking on the new DR-2X club repeaters set up
yesterday, and it seems to be working well.

At this point in time, the two Bellville (UHF and VHF) repeaters are also
linked digitally.  However, to use this capability you'll need a C4FM radio
upgraded to the latest firmware on the Yaesu site.  In addition, you will
need to program in a digital group id (DG-ID) of 10 into your radio, which
is the Bellville repeater group.   The DG-ID programming is a new feature in
the latest firmware.

Upgrading the firmware is a bit of a pain, but you have to do this in order
to take advantage of the new functionality.  Also, after you update the
firmware, you are required to do a system reset which returns your
transceiver to factory defaults.  Because of this, you will need to restore
your memory settings from backup after doing the reset.

We're still learning the ins and outs of using these new repeaters in
digital mode, and we'll be providing more details once we get some questions
answered from Yaesu.  But for now, you can use the repeaters in analog mode
as before, with Bellville UHF and VHF, and Columbus VHF repeaters all linked
on FM.

If you have any questions, let me know and we will try to answer them!

73,

Roger