[W5SFA] Dstar

Dennis Cody dhcody at att.net
Thu Apr 5 11:12:45 CDT 2018

Greetings all.   Last night as I was in the easy chair with my handi talkie I connected to the London reflector on Dstar and joined into a QSO with a guy in England, Spain, Cleveland Oh. and  New York.   Gee how lazy can you get.  Ha.  If you have not experienced Dstar you are missing out on a great experience.  I prefer connecting the RF route through the club repeater rather than just connecting through my computer feels more like ham radio.  Icom has a number of radios that operate Dstar.

ID 51 talkie
IC-7100 base/Mobile
IC 9100  Base

Kenwood is now producing a couple of Dstar radios also.   If you need any further info don’t hesitate to contact Dan or myself.  73. de
WR5DC

Sent from IPhone:
Dennis Cody
dhcody at att.net