[W5SFA] D-Star repeater

Dan White dan at dandlfarms.com
Wed Apr 4 20:24:28 CDT 2018

W5SFA Members,

Finally! Success!

The D-Star repeater is installed and WORKING... Wow what a feat. Turns out a RJ-45 cable connecting the controller to the repeater was bad. Replaced with one from ICOM and all is well.

Dennis has tried it with a handheld and a mobile. Looses there RX about halfway to Round Top but could hear the TX in R.T. I will look into that problem. I have connected with my ThumbDV and had good communications from FL to NJ.

So if you want to get on the world for a cheap price the ThumbDV is the way to go. No radio needed. You can get a discount when you buy more than one. From North West Digital Radio.  http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/ The software is free but they would like a donation.

Good Luck,

Dan W5AOV