[W5SFA] Balloon Launch

Gary kf5zrt at protonmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:54:28 CST 2023

Greetings to all.
Yesterday Ray and I launched the KF5ZRT/A balloon from Holt Park in Brenham just after Noon. Tracker is a Zacktec with the smaller solar panels and a Yokohama clear balloon . The balloon flew east into Cajun country and Mississippi then into S. Carolina before going to sleep. Interesting at just after 10 PM last night the tracker was heard by seven stations for one transmit and went back to sleep. This morning it is in the Atlantic off the coast of Florida moving southeast. Hopefully, we will get some traveling miles on this one. Looking for fair winds and no storms or missiles. Icarus would be proud.

You can track balloon on wspernet and LU7aa sites KF5ZRT/A call sign.

Thanks to our balloon team for all the support and collaboration.

73
Gary

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.