[W5SFA] Fwd: Exploring the Future of Amateur Radio Balloons: Join Us at the Expo

Chuck Dietz w5prchuck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 20:21:08 CST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Team <hamexpo at qsotoday.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 6:02 PM
Subject: Exploring the Future of Amateur Radio Balloons: Join Us at the Expo
To: Chuck Dietz <w5prChuck at gmail.com>

*View online
<https://app.getresponse.com/view.html?x=a62b&m=BJL2lL&mc=9Q&s=AgGEAY&u=Fa22&z=EyfeIiw&>*
[image: click here for more information on the panel discussion]
<https://wze95h.qsotodayhamexpo.com/sessionInfo/1_panel_discussion_the_future_of_amateur_r>

Dear Chuck,

The QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo is proud to announce a panel discussion on
March 25, 2023, at 12:00 PM PDT titled "The Future of Amateur Radio
Balloons in the Current Era."

The discussion will be moderated by Eric Guth 4Z1UG and will explore the
current state of amateur radio balloons in light of recent events,
including the United States Air Force's decision to shoot down unidentified
objects in American airspace.

The panel will feature some of the most prominent figures in the field of
amateur radio ballooning, including experts in the technology and
enthusiasts who have used it to pursue their interests. The discussion will
cover a wide range of topics, including the history of amateur radio
balloons, the challenges faced by balloonists today, and the future of the
technology in an era where the skies are becoming increasingly crowded.

According to Eric Guth 4Z1UG, the moderator of the discussion, "The future
of amateur radio balloons is a topic of great importance to the amateur
radio community, especially in light of recent events. We need to discuss
how we can continue to pursue our interests in the face of new challenges
and restrictions, and explore new avenues for innovation and growth in the
field."

The QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo is a leading online event for the amateur
radio community, bringing together enthusiasts, experts, and manufacturers
from around the world. The Expo features a wide range of presentations,
exhibits, and interactive sessions, covering topics from radio technology
to emergency communications and everything in between.

This year's event promises to be the most exciting yet, with a lineup of
speakers and panelists that is sure to inform and inspire. Registration for
the Expo is open now, and attendees can sign up for the panel discussion on
"The Future of Amateur Radio Balloons in the Current Era" as part of their
ticket.

For more information on the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo and to register for
the event, please visit *https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com*
<https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/>.
[image: Click here to register for the next QSO Today Virtual ham Expo]
<https://qsotoday.vfairs.com/en/registration-form>

This the almost final list of riveting presentations coming to the Expo:

   1.

   Panel Discussion: The Future of Amateur Radio Balloons in the Current
   Era, where the United States Air Force (USAF) has started shooting down
   unidentified objects in American airspace.
   2.

   10 Meter Band Fun For All
   3.

   20 Things I've Learned While Curating the Digital Library of Amateur
   Radio & Communications
   4.

   An Introduction and Overview of Ham Radio Digital Modes
   5.

   Become a Magnet Club for Newcomers to Our Hobby
   6.

   Build a Simple Station and GOTA (Get On The Air!)
   7.

   Can Learning Morse Code Be More Fun and Easier with Music? The MorseBass
   Project
   8.

   CQ DX Marathon Program- A DX Program for Everybody
   9.

   Creating a Radio Go-Kit That's Right for YOU
   10.

   Creating Your first Ham Radio Workbench
   11.

   Exploring Satellite Telemetry with the CubeSat Simulator
   12.

   Getting Started in the CQ WAZ (Worked All Zones) Awards
   13.

   Ham Radio Workbench Podcast
   14.

   Having fun with activities on a geo-stationay satellite QO-100
   15.

   How Beginners can use the FT-8 Digital Mode with Success
   16.

   How to be a Successful Ham Operator With Cheaper Older Equipment, even
   in an HOA!
   17.

   How to beg, borrow, buy and operate an old fashioned Novice CW Rig for
   80, 40, and 15
   18.

   How to Build An AI-powered Transcription Bot for FM Transmissions
   19.

   How to Build and Operate a QRP Earth-Moon-Earth Radio Station
   20.

   How To Build Simple Wire Antennas for 15M to 2M & 70cm.,
   21.

   How to build the “Optimum” Magnetic Loop Antenna Using Unusual and
   Inexpensive Materials
   22.

   How to Build The Radio Rocket
   23.

   How to Build Your First Amateur Radio Station
   24.

   How to Choose Coaxial Cable for Beginners
   25.

   How to Get More Hams On Air
   26.

   How to Install Ham Station Grounding and Lightning Protection
   27.

   How to Operate SOTA and POTA When Traveling Abroad
   28.

   How to use the Open Source Repeater-START software to find the local
   repeaters in your area to get on the air
   29.

   HT's Across America - Updated
   30.

   Introduction to Amateur Television
   31.

   Introduction to Ham Nets 101
   32.

   Microwave Rain-Scatter Communications, An Introduction
   33.

   Opening Presentation - Technician License - What are the Possibilities
   34.

   QRP Operating on the Microwave Bands - Frequencies, Equipment, and
   Propagation
   35.

   Ribbit, a free digital mode every (new) Ham should try!
   36.

   Satellite Tracking using Astronomy Telescope Mounts
   37.

   SDR Rover Kit: The Next Generation Setup for Amateur Radio Contesting
   38.

   Solar Powered Portable Operations
   39.

   We all GOTA-ed.... So what happened? What worked and what didn't? A wrap
   up...
   40.

   What is uSDX and how it got me on the air!
   41.

   What’s new with Amateur Radio on the International Space Station

Click here to go to the Expo Website <https://qsotodayhamexpo.com>
[image: Click to go to our Expo partner the ARRL] <https://arrl.org>
[image: Click to go to our gold sponsor FlexRadio] <https://flexradio.com>
4470 W Sunset Blvd #92485, 90027, Los Angeles, United States

You may unsubscribe
<https://app.getresponse.com/unsubscribe.html?x=a62b&m=BJL2lL&mc=9Q&s=AgGEAY&u=Fa22&z=EFyNJwl&pt=unsubscribe>
or change your contact details
<https://app.getresponse.com/change_details.html?x=a62b&m=BJL2lL&s=AgGEAY&u=Fa22&z=EwoZyhJ&pt=change_details>