[W5SFA] Changes to XLX Server

Roger Klein rwklein at proton.me
Fri Feb 10 14:42:30 CST 2023

Folks,

If you use the club XLX979 server, read on...otherwise you know what button to press!

Today I moved the XLX979 server from my house to the Bellville tower shack. Due to the new location, its IP address has changed, so any existing connections from hotspots were lost. The easiest fix to this is to simply leave your hotspot on overnight, and the new IP address will be automatically updated and it will reconnect. On the other hand, if you want an immediate fix, simply log into your hotspot and do an update. This will refresh the IP address and it will connect to the server again.

I have also decommissioned the Wires-X service from the repeater, as XLX pretty much took its place. It also freed up room for the XLX equipment.

Let me know if any questions/problems.

73,

Roger N5RWK

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.