[W5SFA] Fwd: [Ham-Radio-Tech-Notes] South Texas Balloon Launch September 17th

john Parmalee jparmalee at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 10:35:17 CDT 2022

John ParmaleeJparmalee at aol.com281-380-3811 K5VGM WI2XLJ
From: walterh at k5wh.net
To: BLT at groups.io, ham-radio-tech-notes at groups.io
Cc: kk5do at arrl.net
Sent: 9/6/2022 10:48:48 PM Central Standard Time
Subject: [Ham-Radio-Tech-Notes] South Texas Balloon Launch September 17th

Fyi… South Texas Balloon Launch Team!

  As mentioned in our BLT meeting last month, we have had to cancel our plans for the annual High Altitude balloon launch on September 17th from Wharton, Tx again this year, due to the lack of Helium availability, not to mention the excessive cost, if it could even be found.

So instead, we will be having our own South Texas Super Launch on that date, Saturday 9/17/22, starting about 10am, plus or minus.

To be launched form NW Houston, Matzke Park.

At present, we have at least 5 balloons from several here in town, between WSPR and APRS capable payloads. As well as a camera package too.

All of these will be floaters, so we hope to get some more spectacular images again, as we did last November, as it travels across the planet.

In parallel, Tony-W3UAV will also have 1 or 2 packages going up as well from Pennsylvania.

Sven-DL7AD will be coming over from Berlin, Germany, with some trackers that him and Thomas-DL4MDW designed and built, that are always a great treat.

As we get closer to the launch, I’ll be posting more details with callsigns, tracker, and tracking information.

As always, we will be streaming the launches and tracking on our normal Zoom channel, http://www.k5wh.net/zoom/

So jump in and join us either in person, or on Zoom.

Walter/K5WH

_._,_._,_Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#1783) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Group Email Addresses
Post: Ham-Radio-Tech-Notes at groups.io
Subscribe: Ham-Radio-Tech-Notes+subscribe at groups.io
Group Owner: Ham-Radio-Tech-Notes+owner at groups.io