[W5SFA] Pssss, Tomorrow night, NARS

john Parmalee jparmalee at aol.com
Thu Mar 18 11:23:08 CDT 2021

Tomorrow night, 7:30 in person at the fire house or zoom 281 543  6502 pass word 123456 John Portune will speak on a unique 40-meter antenna, easy to understand, easy to build and your neighbors probably won’t notice.

               John is a many time published, almost regular in QST and a featured speaker on the recent on-line ham fests. Check out https://w6nbc.com/indexPPT.html for an index to some interesting narrated power point presentations.

  John has spoken to many clubs and is a past NARS speaker. Welcome back John!

Greetings NARS,

 As Ron says the club will meet Friday night the 19th both at the fire station and via zoom.  281-543-6502  password 123456

John Portune will be our speaker.  John most recently was a speaker at the QSO virtual conference this past weekend speaking on the inverted crossed delta loop. John has many projects posted in QST, His site W6NBC.com has many antenna projects that are simple and easy to construct.  As you might guess with a call like W6NBC he is a retired broadcast engineer with many years of service at the Burbank production facility and local channel four.

John will speak to us about a 40-meter vertical that does not require radials and is a bit stealthy.

https://w6nbc.com/PPT/Satellite3.mp4 is a power point presentation on a 40-meter antenna that will fit in almost any attic. Even if you don’t need to hide in the attic the coil construction techniques will work for many projects. If you are interested I suggest you  check out W6NBC.com for lots of projects.
 John ParmaleeJparmalee at aol.com281-380-3811 K5VGM WI2XLJ