[W5SFA] Field Day this weekend

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Fri Jun 26 11:52:57 CDT 2020

Members,

ARRL Field Day is this weekend, and runs from Saturday, 1 pm CDT thru
Sunday, 4 pm CDT - a total of 27 hours.

Because of the Coronavirus, the ARRL relaxed the rules this year so home
stations (Class D) can contact other home stations.  There will be lots of
activity on the bands, so I encourage you to participate - even for a few
QSO's.  You can operate SSB, CW or Digital, including FT8.

If you want to use FT8 for Field Day, this link will be helpful:
https://www.albemarleradio.org/2020/05/12/ft8-field-day/

The Field Day exchange is simple:  the number of transmitters, the class you
are operating, and our ARRL section.  For most members operating from home
then, the exchange you'd send is:  "1D STX", or "One Delta, Sierra Tango
Xray"  (meaning one transmitter, class D, South Texas Section).

You can keep a paper log with each contact's call sign, UTC time, frequency,
mode (CW, SSB or Digital) and the remote station's exchange information.
Alternatively, you can use logging software (the one I use is
https://www.n3fjp.com/fieldday.html but there are many others available.

When field day is over, file your log at
http://field-day.arrl.org/fdentry.php   You can either key in your log data
manually (if you did a paper log) or upload a Cabrillo file produced from
the logging program you used.  Use "W5SFA Radio Club" in the club field, and
the ARRL will automatically tally up our club's score (so we'll get a
mention in QST).  Or, just send your log to me and I'll submit it for you.

73,

Roger N5RWK