[W5SFA] Baloon launch tomorrow, see previous post for details how you can follow

john Parmalee jparmalee at aol.com
Fri Sep 27 21:01:29 CDT 2019

Thursday forecast for BLT-53 landing location: 23 miles NW of WISP

|  Bill DillonSep 26   #316

This morning's forecast moves it a little closer to WISP, and a bit to the east of yesterday's forecast.
73 de Bill, KG5FQX

|  Reply Like More
 |
|  N5OLSep 26   #317

Team,

Since the daily model runs were showing a little more variability than we've seen the last couple of launches, I decided to wait just a bit before issuing the NOTAM.  I just ran another sim using Bill's flight parameters, and the landing point has moved back to the west just a bit; I think we're sufficiently in the ballpark now to go ahead and issue.

Can somebody please verify (changes, adds?) the following flight parameters (Payload info is especially important):

Callsigns/APRS IDs:  W5ACM-12, KG5FQX-11, KE5GDB-11 (wasn't sure if the DMR repeater was flying under Andrew's call?)

Balloon Type & Fill:  Hwoyee 1600g white latex weather balloon; He fill for 1440 ft/min ROA; 105K MSL cutdown; parachute descent

Payload:  4 packages, total weight 10 lbs

Payload train length:  40 ft

Thanks!

73 de N5OL

This morning's forecast moves it a little closer to WISP, and a bit to the east of yesterday's forecast.
73 de Bill, KG5FQX

John ParmaleeJparmalee at aol.com281-380-3811
K5VGM WI2XLJ