[W5SFA] FT 991 - C4FM and Digital IDs and EchoLink

John Gervais jsbgervais at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 10 06:10:57 CDT 2018

Can anybody explain how to set up my FT 991 with DG ID10? Somehow I set it up for DGID 40 but can’t figure out how to edit or add a new ID 10. I’ve seen some YouTube’s but it shows the FT991A and using WiresX. It tried some semblance of that to no avail. So far I’ve confirmed I am in C4FM and in digital and I have a DG ID 40 in there.

Also I’ve been communicating with some buddies that use VHF/UHF only via the EchoLink software. In my personal opinion only EchoLink is kind of hamish but it’s the best that I know of to make contact with those not on HF. Also when I’m out of range I’d like to check into our Tuesday nets (when I remember) by accessing some local repeater. Would it be too much trouble to add our repeaters to the EchoLink system? Is there a better alternative?

73
John KG5NCL