[W5SFA] W5SFA Special Event Station this Weekend!

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Wed Sep 21 15:31:42 CDT 2016

W5SFA Members,

As you know, this weekend - Saturday, Sept 24 and Sunday, September 25 - the
club will be running our special event station commemorating the 193rd
anniversary of the founding of San Felipe de Austin (Austin's Colony).  We
will be onsite operating from the state historic site east of Sealy, nestled
up to the Brazos River on FM 1458.

Please show your support for the club by coming out - just stop by and
visit, or you can site down and make some contacts.  If you haven't done any
HF operating, club members will be there to show you how (it's easy).  It is
also an opportunity to celebrate some Texas history, and to support the San
Felipe de Austin State Historic Site.  They will appreciate having more
visitors, and there are many interesting exhibits onsite.

We plan to be start operating at 9 am Saturday until late in the day.
Sunday will also start at 9 am, and operations will conclude by 6 pm.  We
will have portable shelters set up (so there will be shade, and we'll have
some bottled water as well).  Also, the visitor center is air conditioned,
so you will be able to escape the heat.

If you're at home, get on the air and work us.  You can get the coveted
special event QSL card and/or certificate.  We are also participating in the
Texas QSO Party which is taking place concurrently - so you can help us buff
our score.

All are welcome - and by the way, you don't have to be licensed to
participate.  Spread the word to others and help us get a big turnout.

Here's the link to the San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site
<http://www.thc.texas.gov/historic-sites/san-felipe-de-austin-state-historic
-site> , as well as the W5SFA special event page
<http://www.w5sfa.org/Special_events.htm> .

We hope to see you there!

73,

Roger N5RWK