[W5SFA] Something to Think About!!!

Gilbert Franke g.a.franke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:52:29 CST 2015

Dan--

I thought ARES was ok back in the '80's when I was active in Washington
Co., but we weren't doing much beyond county operations and occasional
hurricane evac.  Of course that was all before Homeland etc.,

I found  myself agreeing with with the editorial, but then thought about
how all ham privileges were suspended during war times, and wondering how
these circumstances compare.  I can appreciate their vigilance, but I'm of
the school that the ham's job is communications, not in the field emergency
response.  I told Ray that I took the CERT training primarily for the comms
aspect.

-- Gil  WB5RFQ

--

----