[W5SFA] Reminder: W5SFA Meeting Tonight

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Wed Oct 29 11:22:30 CDT 2014

Folks,

Just a quick reminder about the W5SFA meeting tonight at Yani's...6pm for
dinner, meeting follows by 7 pm.

I'm attaching a couple of links that may be of interest:

- If you would like to volunteer to be available as an emergency operator
per Ray Chislett's request, you can use this form.

                http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Public%20Service/fsd98.pdf

                Email it to Ray at emgt at austincounty.com.

- This article has information about doing a Special Event Station:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?249795-Planning-and-Operating-a-Special
-Events-Station

I'd like to propose that the club do a SES next year, to commemorate (for
example) a Texas historical event (this would probably be a March-April time
frame).  There are lots of ways to do this, such as operating at the
Courthouse station (to get familiarity with the equipment!), running
portable at a State Park or historical site, or even at your home
station...or a mix.  If there is interest, we can form a committee to decide
on the details.

Finally, we need to schedule the annual banquet in January.

73,

Roger

---