[W5SFA] Disaster Relief Fair

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Mon Oct 6 20:09:45 CDT 2014

Folks,

The Disaster Relief fair at First Baptist Bellville went well.  We had good
weather, and got a chance to give some demonstrations. Besides our HT's,
Skip was on 20m and worked several stations in Georgia and Oklahoma with his
QRP Yaesu and ham stick, Ron was on 17m with his KX3 and portable Transworld
antenna, and I was working the California QSO party on 10m with my "Mighty
Fine Junk" Big Ear.   We put up the club banner, and with all the antennas
got quite a few people stop by.  We picked up a few new member prospects as
a result.  And, we got to eat some great pulled pork sandwiches that the
folks at First Baptist were making!

Thanks again to  Skip K5LLR, Ray KF5JYB, Jack K5FRT and Ron K1PEC for
participating.

73,

Roger

N5RWK