[W5SFA] VE Testing for W5SFA

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Thu Feb 20 19:18:17 CST 2020

Thanks Joe!

From: w5sfa [mailto:w5sfa-bounces at w5sfa.org] On Behalf Of Joe Cucuzza
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 6:22 PM
To: Mail List for the W5SFA Radio Club
Subject: Re: [W5SFA] VE Testing for W5SFA

I have both, and I have an Extra license.

#34875E  Duh, I think I know why my Number ends in E.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 4:54 PM Roger Klein <rwklein at katyweb.net> wrote:

Club Members,

I’ve been in contact with W5YI-VEC working to restart the club’s VE testing.  Enough members expressed a willingness to participate in this effort.  So now it’s time to put up, as I need some information from you :-)

1.       If you have been a Volunteer Examiner (VE) in the past and are accredited with W5YI, please let me know your VE number.  If you are not accredited with W5YI but are accredited with ARRL, you will need to apply to W5YI for credentials in their system, so let me know if this is the case (it’s easy).

2.       If you are not been a VE but would like to be one, let me know.  The process is quite easy to get set up.

The club members who expressed an interest back in November were:

                Jim KE5FN

                Gary KF5ZRT

                Gil WB5RFQ

                Jack K5FRT

                Joe KA8WEP

                Remi N5CNB

                John K5VGM

                Ben NE5B

If anyone else would like to participate, please let me know.

I envision announcing we will do 4 to 6 testing sessions per year.  These would be separate from club meetings, and get publicity in local newspapers, radio, web, mail, or whatever works.  We’ll need a minimum of 3 VE’s at each testing session, perhaps with a fourth person as an alternate.  We can work out the details once we’ve got a confirmed list of VE’s.

Thanks es 73,

Roger N5RWK