[W5SFA] Arecibo

Dan White dan at dandlfarms.com
Fri Dec 4 16:42:54 CST 2020

It was well maintained and has been in service for 60 years. The hurricane that came through a few months ago damaged it beyond repair. Broke several support cables that caused strain on the remaining cables. It fell last week. It is amazing that the drone was looking at the main support hub when it separated from it’s mount. Rice University had several projects there while I was working there in the Space Physics and Astronomy department in the mid 60’2 through 70’s. I have not been to the site.

Dan, W5AOV