[W5SFA] Reminder - Tuesday Night Net tonight @ 7 pm

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Tue Aug 25 13:17:30 CDT 2020

Folks,

Net is tonight.

You may notice a change in our repeater setup.  Yesterday we added the
downtown Houston analog repeater to our Wires-X room 63655, which means the
Bellville VHF and UHF and Houston VHF repeaters are linked.  At this point
the link should be considered a test, to see how well the setup works.

One negative side effect of Wires-X linking is there can be a bit of a
delay, so please leave extra time between transmissions.  On the other hand,
you will hear the Houston repeater identifying itself on the Bellville
repeaters, so we have ID again.

So, if you are in range of the downtown Houston repeater, give it a try.
That repeater is at the top of the Fulbright Tower, elevation approximately
725 ft  The repeater frequency is 146.96, minus offset, with a tone of
103.5.

Still no luck linking the Columbus repeater into the system, as there
appears to be a communication problem with the internet link.

73,

Roger N5RWK