[W5SFA] Super Pressure Floater on December 21st To the Edge of Space Again!

john Parmalee jparmalee at aol.com
Wed Nov 27 11:39:02 CST 2019

Super Pressure Floater on December 21st

|  Tom MatthewsNov 21   #374

As a test prior to 2020 Hamfest, we are planing to fly a SBS - Scientific Balloon Solutions SBS-13 balloon in late December.  This balloon is roughly 3' x 7.5' laying flat on the table and is designed to lift up to a 20 gram payload to a float altitude of 41K - 43K feet.  That altitude gets us over air traffic and most weather.  This is the same balloon that has successfully circumnavigated the earth many times.See http://www.scientificballoonsolutions.com/  for more information.
Walter K5WH is working on ultra light super capacitor solar powered APRS / WSPR payload.  Here's information on a likely candidate:http://qrp-labs.com/lightaprs-w

More details to follow as they become available.
To the Edge Again!

Tom K5SAF

|  Reply Like More
 |
|  Tom MatthewsNov 23   #375

The SBS-13 balloon for BLT-54 has arrived.
One is on its third global lap now - check out: https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FK6RPT-11&timerange=3600&tail=3600
73,Tom K5SAFHide quoted text

As a test prior to 2020 Hamfest, we are planing to fly a SBS - Scientific Balloon Solutions SBS-13 balloon in late December.  This balloon is roughly 3' x 7.5' laying flat on the table and is designed to lift up to a 20 gram payload to a float altitude of 41K - 43K feet.  That altitude gets us over air traffic and most weather.  This is the same balloon that has successfully circumnavigated the earth many times.See http://www.scientificballoonsolutions.com/  for more information.
Walter K5WH is working on ultra light super capacitor solar powered APRS / WSPR payload.  Here's information on a likely candidate:http://qrp-labs.com/lightaprs-w

More details to follow as they become available.
To the Edge Again!

Tom K5SAF

John ParmaleeJparmalee at aol.com281-380-3811
K5VGM WI2XLJ