[W5SFA] Amateur Radio Operator Week in Texas

Gilbert Franke g.a.franke at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 14:12:07 CDT 2017

Have you seen this declaration from Governor Abbott? Good publicity for
Field Day!!!

-- Gil WB5RFQ

*STATE OF TEXAS*

*OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR*

Since the invention of the medium in the late 19th century, radio has
captured the popular imagination. Amateur radio operators, often called
"hams," enthusiastically embraced this form of communication from its
earliest days, connecting to others across the world for the purposes of
recreation, experimentation and, most importantly, public service. Along
the way, they have greatly improved the technology of amateur radio.

In times of natural disaster, terrorist attacks and strife, when other
forms of communication may be unavailable or unreliable, amateur radio
operators have stepped into the void to relay critical emergency
information.

At this time, I encourage all Texans to learn more about amateur radio and
to recognize the many contributions amateur radio operators make to our
great state. In times of crisis and in times of calm, ham radio operators'
commitment to community remains steadfast.

Therefore, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim June
19-25, 2017, to be Amateur Radio Operator Week in Texas, and urge the
appropriate recognition whereof. In official recognition whereof, I hereby
affix my signature this the 2nd day of June, 2017.

--

----
Gilbert A Franke <http://www.gilbertfranke.com>