[W5SFA] Club Banquet Reminder and 2016 Event Ideas

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Mon Jan 4 12:35:00 CST 2016

W5SFA Club Members,

Happy New Year, and  I hope you all had a Merry Christmas as well!  A few
announcements and reminders for you:

.         The club's annual banquet will be on Saturday, January 23 at
Cameron's Barndo in Cat Spring starting at 2 pm.  The club will provide
fajitas, iced tea and coffee.  I'll be bringing two kinds of home brew, one
is a pale ale and the other is a brown ale.   We have a short DVD about the
K1N Navassa DXPedition last year we can show if there is interest, and there
will be a door prize.   Please respond to the reflector to let us know how
many are coming, and what dish you are bringing.

.         Please think about potential club activities for 2016.  Some ideas
expressed at the October meeting were:

-          Operating event at the Austin County Jail Museum

-          Hams-in-the-park event in Bellville

-          Repeating the Austin's Colony special event we did last year
during the Texas QSO Party

-          Field Day (last weekend in June) - either a static or a roving
station

-          Running a "National Parks on the Air" event at a (relatively!)
close location like LBJ Historical Park or Waco Mammoth National Monument

-          Ham Shack visit day (show off your shack and antennas)

-          A "build something" event following one of the monthly meetings
(e.g. at the courthouse)

-          Swap meet - trade, sell or buy any surplus equipment you have

Email your ideas to the reflector over the next few weeks so we can discuss
this at the banquet.

73,

Roger N5RWK