[W5SFA] radio interference?

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Tue Aug 9 09:10:18 CDT 2016

Brad,

Since your neighbor is experiencing RFI with his over the air antenna, and you're picking up the same interference over your cable, there is a good chance your cable is compromised in some way.   The outer covering could be damaged and is letting moisture in, or it got partially cut underground with a shovel, or the connectors aren't properly waterproofed.  If you can trace the cable back toward the source, you might be able to find a bad connection.  But if the cable is buried and the damage is underground, the cable would need to be replaced.

W5SFA members - anyone have a suggestion in diagnosing this, or finding the source of the RFI?

73,

Roger