[W5SFA] Noise on the .41 repeater

Dan White dan at dandlfarms.com
Thu Sep 3 20:22:22 CDT 2015

Members,

I have looked at the inputs and outputs of all of the repeaters. The only noise I have found is an pulsating AM signal that is vertically polarized (heading of 100 deg. from my house) and on the frequencies of 144.765 to 144.795 (approximately 30 KC’s wide) .  The input of the .41 repeater is 144.810. The skirts on the AM signal are wide enough to get into the input range of the repeater.  The signal has a very large vertical component and almost no horizontal one (5 to 9 S units V and 3 S units H).

If anyone has a vertically polarized rotatable beam antenna on 2M you could verify this and add another point on the direction.  Attached are two pictures of my dial and S meter along with a video so you can here the sound it makes.  You can check it’s level and sound with just a vertical antenna.

Have fun finding it and PLEASE give me a report on what you find.

Dan, W5AOV
Cat Spring