[W5SFA] W5SFA Club Member Survey

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Fri Mar 20 10:37:45 CDT 2015

Folks,

Trying something different, I've posted a 10-question online survey that I'd
like all members to take.  It should only take a few minutes to complete.
The link is at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SV7T9R7  If possible, please
complete take it by next Tuesday.

One of the questions concerns the club's participation in Emergency
Communications (e.g. ARES and/or RACES) with Austin County.  We need to know
who is interested in this and to what degree.  We've been talking about this
for several months at club meetings, but ultimately we will need someone to
take the lead on this subject (assuming there is sufficient interest).

At our last meeting, we decided to hold our Special Event Station
commemorating the founding of the Austin Colony on the last weekend of
September.  This coincides with the Texas QSO party, so that should help in
getting contacts.

I did some research into use of the club call sign for the special event.
There was a nice writeup on the ARRL web site (see
http://www.arrl.org/club-station-faq).  The person who determines if the
club station license can be used is our Club Station Trustee - that is Dan
White.  So Dan, we will defer to your expert judgment here!  There is no
issue using the club call at multiple locations on the same band at the same
time.  But we could still request a 1x1 special event call sign as an
alternative - it's easy to do online and there is no cost.

73,

Roger N5RWK