[W5SFA] VE accreditation, Adding ARRL and Youth Licensing Grant

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Tue Mar 5 13:40:03 CST 2024

Joe,

Thanks for chasing this down.

I also have (had) ARRL VE accreditation, but pretty sure it has expired as one needs to have participated in an ARRL VE session within the last 5 years.   But it looks like one can be reinstated fairly easily.

The last exams the club administered was way back in 2021.  That year we administered a grand total of 3 tests, nothing since.  So, it may be an opportune time to switch from W5YI  to ARRL.  Either way, there are some procedural changes we’ll have to get up to speed on.

I’d also prefer not to be the VE team coordinator and give that opportunity to someone else!

73,

Roger N5RWK