[W5SFA] Reminders

Roger Klein rwklein at proton.me
Tue May 30 12:16:43 CDT 2023

Folks,

Just a quick reminder about the Tuesday night net at 7 pm this evening.

Also, our May club meeting is tomorrow, Wednesday May 31 in the private room at Cielito Lindo in Bellville.

The W5SFA club balloon has been aloft now for 66 days, and has completed its third trip around the globe. It's currently headed for Greenland.

The K5FRT balloon, launched on May 22 has gone dark as of May 28, 12:16z. We're hoping it will start transmitting again, but it isn't looking good. Still, it was aloft almost 6 days and traveled halfway around the world.

There is a new tracking web site for balloons at https://traquito.github.io/search/spots/dashboard/ You'll need to input the balloon's call sign, channel (if a U4B) and date range, but you can see the entire history of where a particular balloon has traveled. Here is the link for the W5SFA balloon:
https://traquito.github.io/search/spots/dashboard/?band=20m&channel=217&callsign=W5SFA&limit=9999&dtGte=2023-03-25&dtLte=2023-05-30

73,

Roger N5RWK

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.