[W5SFA] Balloon Update

Roger Klein rwklein at proton.me
Sat Mar 25 10:54:51 CDT 2023

Folks,

We had 3 successful launches this morning from the field next to Germania Insurance on US290 in Brenham.

W5SFA was launched at 9:10 am. It's a 3 solar panel U4B putting out 22 mW, and is currently at 14,200 feet south of Montgomery and heading northeast. It transmits every 10 minutes on the 2's. 7 grams of free lift.

KF5ZRT was launched at 9:15 am. It's also a 3 solar panel U4B putting out 22 mW. We're working out a telemetry bug, but it's transmitting. It transmits every 10 minutes on the 6's. 8.5 grams of free lift.

WA5IWB/F was launched at 9:20 am, it is a Zachtek two solar panel kit putting out 10 mW. It's currently near Montgomery around 40,000 ft. 8.4 grams of free lift

I'll send out some more info shortly.

73,

Roger N5RWK

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.