[W5SFA] KF5ZRT/A Balloon

F6CNB/N5CNB f6cnb at hutin.org
Fri Mar 10 10:42:05 CST 2023

Congratulations

73 de Remi F6CNB/N5CNB

From: w5sfa <w5sfa-bounces at w5sfa.org> On Behalf Of Buckeroo Brad
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2023 4:25 PM
To: Mail List for the W5SFA Radio Club <w5sfa at w5sfa.org>
Subject: Re: [W5SFA] KF5ZRT/A Balloon

Bravo!

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 5:38 PM Gary Baldwin <kf5zrt at gmail.com <mailto:kf5zrt at gmail.com> > wrote:

Well congratulations are in order for the balloon launch team. The
little balloon that could, just made it around the world.  It only took
10 days 4 hours and 25 minutes.

It appears the package maintained an altitude of 11 to 12 thousand meters.

The Zachtek-1 tracker with the Yokohama balloon with 8 grams of free
lift is a good combination.

To quote the old Indian in Josey Wales "We must endeavor to persevere"

This was exciting challenge to get a pico balloon to fly.

Much thanks and credit to the Team.  Icarus would be proud. Not too
close to the Sun or the Ground/Ocean.

We went across Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina,
across the Atlantic into Western Sahara, Mali, Mauritania, Libya, Egypt,
across the Red Sea, Oman, India, Pakistan, Tibet, China, across the East
China Sea, across the Pacific, Baja California, Mexico, New Mexico,
Texas, into Oklahoma where it crossed the -96.37 longitude.  What a

73 and high flying

The W5SFA Balloon Team

--

  _____

Please, if you forward this, remove my email address before you do.  I delete all email addresses before forwarding, to keep spammers at bay and I appreciate you doing the same for me.  Also, when forwarding, list all recipients as "BCC" so their email address is not being passed along to others.  Thanks!