[W5SFA] EZNEC

john Parmalee jparmalee at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 11:32:58 CDT 2022

For those of you that would like to know more about EZNEC, the antenna modeling software and missed my presentation Monday evening, Walter has recorded it and here is the playback.

http://www.k5wh.net/nars/john/Ant-Modeling-3-21-22.mp4  Thank You Walter Holmes, K5WH.

EZNEC is a free download, just Google EZNEC. I have downloaded EZNEC Pro/ 2 V 6.0,  there is a V 7.0 that does not want to down load right now.  I know of two minor faults in V 6.0. One feature missing allows you to work with an impedance other than 50 Ohms.  When you set an alternative value there in no way to select it on the VSWR chart.  Also, there is an option to change the frequency selected and have the values of the wires change accordingly. Neither are a major flaw and will probably be fixed in V7.0.

I encourage you to play with various versions of a wire (s) and freed point.  You will learn about antennas.  At the ARRL you should search for modeling and you will find a zip file of EZNEC files. There are also .YAG files.  I don’t know about them.

If you have a question,  would like to talk about more complicated antennas or have found something interesting, please contact me.

John ParmaleeJparmalee at aol.com281-380-3811 K5VGM WI2XLJ