[W5SFA] Fwd: [NARS] Fwd: W6NBC radio club presentations

john Parmalee jparmalee at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 16:44:37 CST 2022

From: nars at mailman.qth.net
To: nars at mailman.qth.net
Sent: 2/8/2022 6:22:11 AM Central Standard Time
Subject: [NARS] Fwd: W6NBC radio club presentations

From: jportune at aol.com
To: jportune at aol.com
Cc: jportune at aol.com
Sent: 2/7/2022 8:10:38 PM Central Standard Time
Subject: W6NBC radio club presentations

I am again taking the opportunity to contact those of you who have hosted me for a Zoom presentation in your radio club. As I mentioned before, I do these free lectures for the pure pleasure of it and as a service to a hobby that has served me so very well for over 50 years. Possibly of interest is a new topic on w6nbc.com, based on an article that the ARRL asked me to write on, "How to Build a 10-meter Moxon Antenna." It is aimed at newbies, but is a very adaptable design that experienced hams will also find of use. It is lightweight, easy to put up -- great for portable use. It has been well received at a club or two at which I have given it as a try-out. If it, or any other topic there interests you, sent me an email: jportune at aol.com or w6nbcmail at gmail.com. I will also soon be presenting a 4-session, half-day Sunday mid-day Eastern time full class by Zoom on EZNEC, the popular antenna modeling program. It is a must-have tool for hams who like to build, modify or compare antennas, home-brew or commercial. You will follow along on your computer and do actual exercises to learn.  Roy Lewellen, EZNEC's creator, has retired and has made the full pro version of the program free. You can download it at: https://www.eznec.com   You will need to have it on your computer when you attend the class. This is not just an overview, but a full class. Thanks for letting me serve your club and ham radio. It is what I always wanted to do while I still had a 9-5 career and no free time. John Portune W5NBC

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net