[W5SFA] Announcement for the April Club Meeting

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Sun Apr 17 14:07:09 CDT 2022

Not only did it reject about 20, it disabled them in the Mail List manager since it thought they were invalid addresses.  I had to go in to the mail list manager and re-enable them.  There’s something about sending from my katyweb.net email address that pisses off Google – virtually every gmail address got rejected.  They must have an overly aggressive spam filter.  Anyhow, sending from my protonmail email address worked.

I got the DB15-DB9 cables sorted out and tested.  I changed the VHF transmit antenna so it’s further away and the signals came through.  Too much RF flying around, I guess.

Still have no resolution about transmitting into the repeater from VHF analog, it will just not get picked up on the UHF hotspot (even though it transmits ok to UHF C4FM radios).  I think your suggestion of a different brand hotspot is worth a try, but I suspect the problem is with Pi-Star not recognizing the signal for some obscure reason.