[W5SFA] FW: UV5R

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Tue Nov 2 12:05:09 CDT 2021

Hank, Gail – please see below!

From: James R Scarbrough [mailto:jrscarbrough at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 11:54 AM
To: Roger Klein
Subject: UV5R

Roger,

I have a UV5R and if this is all that Gail wants to use the radio for, this can be accomplished by:

Push A/B

Push VFO/MR (to select the top freq display on the screen)

Push 433500 (this will appear on the top screen display as you type)

Press MENU 13 MENU 1072 MENU EXIT

Push and hold the lock (# button) until the a "key" displays on the screen, indicating that the keypad is now locked out.

The radio is now set to 433.500 MHz TX/RX (no offset), 107.5 Hz CTCSS transmit, no CTCSS receive.

I tried this just now and tested the CTCSS transmit with another radio.  No issues.

There are fancier ways to do this, but again... if this is the ONLY use for this radio, this procedure works.

If she wants to use the radio for more stuff, I highly recommend CHIRP.

73,

Jim