[W5SFA] Rapid Deployment Amateur Radio (RaDAR) Event - Saturday March 20

Christy w5drj at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 15:05:39 CDT 2021

Thank you for the info Roger, this helps a lot!!! Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

Christy
W5DRJ

On Mar 18, 2021, at 9:02 PM, Roger Klein <rwklein at katyweb.net> wrote:

Christy,

I think Ray, Gary and I will all be doing FT8, though I might try as little SSB.

If you use FT8, making contacts will be easy and 30 watts or so should be plenty.

If using SSB, just find an open frequency and call CQ, someone will answer eventually.  I think you’ll find it easier to run close to 100 watts on SSB, and suggest 20m or 40m bands might work best.  If there is a contest happening on Saturday using SSB, you could piggyback on that, just find out what the contest exchange is.

Hope this helps – let us know if you have more questions!

73,

Roger