[W5SFA] balloon launch you can track aznd see via zoom details follow

john Parmalee jparmalee at aol.com
Wed Dec 18 10:37:12 CST 2019

|   |
|  Walter Holmes K5WHDec 17   #387

Please be aware of these two Balloon flights that will be released on Saturday December 21st by 9:30am. Central time from Sugar Land, Texas.

Current plan is to start assembly about 8:00am.

If the winds are too rough, we may have to fall back to Sunday 12/22, same time.

Help us spread the word, and check in with us for this interactive event, and report on the finding as they progress.

BLT-54

Transmitter:

LightAPRS-W where it will be on APRS 144.39 at ½ watt using the callsign of K5WH-12 and on WSPR on 30 meters at 10mw using the callsign of K5WH-B

As it moves over other parts of the world where they use a different frequency, it will change to that one. If it gets into an area that does not have a dedicated frequency it will change to 145.825 with the digipeater path of ARISS, so it can link through the ISS and several of the other APRS digipeater satellites up there.

Balloon:

Scientific Balloon Solutions Super Pressure Balloon SBS-13  7.5’ by 3’ in size

Tracking:

https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FK5WH-12&timerange=3600&tail=3600 for APRS

http://wsprnet.org/drupal/wsprnet/map for WSPR, just enter the callsign of K5WH

BLT-55

Transmitter:

PicoAPRS Lite where it will be on APRS 144.39 using the callsign of K5WH-11 at ½ watt

As it moves over other parts of the world where they use a different frequency, it will change to that one. If it gets into an area that does not have a dedicated frequency it will change to 145.825 with the digipeater path of ARISS, so it can link through the ISS and several of the other APRS digipeater satellites up there.

Balloon:

36” party balloon

Tracking:

https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FK5WH-11&timerange=3600&tail=3600 for APRS

All of this will be LIVE streamed on my ZOOM channel, so we can get interactive reports from all stations and update everyone on the status.

https://zoom.us/j/2815436502

Other real-time status of the activity will be on Amsat DMR Talkgroup 98006

Walter/K5WH

John ParmaleeJparmalee at aol.com281-380-3811
K5VGM WI2XLJ