[W5SFA] Club's 4th Annual Special Event Station - Founding of Austin's Colony - Saturday, November 3

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Mon Oct 15 19:47:17 CDT 2018

Members,

Just a reminder that on Saturday, November 3 the club is doing our annual
Special Event Station, the 195th Anniversary of the founding of Austin's
Colony.  Once again we will be onsite at the San Felipe de Austin State
Historic Site.  This year, we'll be operating near the new visitor center,
most likely in the same location we were set up for the grand opening back
in April.

Setup will begin around 8 am, and we should be getting on the air around 9am
(1400Z).  The event will run until 4 PM (2100Z).  We will have an SSB
station set up with a 500 watt amplifier, so we should be able to make some
contacts despite the approaching solar minimum.  Planned frequencies are 20m
and 40m.

If anyone wants to run a digital (FT8 or PSK31) or CW, there is plenty of
room for more operators.  Let me know if you're interested so we can plan
ahead.

So plan on coming on out, either for the day or part of the day, and make
some contacts, or just watch the action - the weather should be cool (and
hopefully dry!).  If you are a Technician license, this is a good
opportunity to get some experience - you will be able to legally operate on
HF with the club's call sign since we'll have higher license holders there.

Let me know if any questions or ideas.

73,

Roger N5RWK