[W5SFA] Special Event Station Tomorrow

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Fri Nov 2 20:16:48 CDT 2018

Members,

We'll be onsite at the San Felipe State Historic Site tomorrow.  Setup is at
8 am, and operations will commence around 9am and conclude at 4 pm.  All are
welcome, come for a short visit or stay as long as you like.  Looks like
we'll have as many as four stations set up, so if anyone would like to
operate there will be plenty of opportunities.  The WX promises to be good
too.  There will be donuts and coffee as well.

For those operating, here are some tidbits:

.         We'll be operating as the club call sign, W5SFA.

.         Our grid square location is EL19wt.

.         The special event is the 195th anniversary of the founding of
Austin's Colony.  In addition, Stephen F. Austin's 225th birthday
celebration event is taking place at the State Historic Site (born on Nov.
3, 1793).

.         On SSB Phone, our advertised frequencies in QST are around 14.240
and 7.240.  If you can't make it, work us (40m will probably be better for
that).

.         Directions:  From I-10, take exit 723 and go north on FM1458
approximately 2 miles.  As you approach the new museum, look for us on the
right side of FM1458.  If you cross the Brazos River, you've gone too far!

73,

Roger N5RWK