[W5SFA] Show and Tell Night at the Courthouse - Wednesday, December 7

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Sun Nov 20 10:15:57 CST 2016

Folks,

Just a reminder that our Show and Tell Night is fast approaching on
Wednesday, December 7.

The plan is to meet at a local restaurant near the courthouse at 6 pm, then
head over to the basement of the courthouse for the festivities.  I was
thinking the Trump Cafe would be a good venue, but checking their hours they
are only open for breakfast and lunch.  So the alternate venue will be the
Golden Pagoda Chinese Restaurant a little further down the street - unless
someone comes up with a better idea.

So here's the concept behind Show and Tell night:  it's very simple and
informal, just bring a project, item or something neat to show off.  If it's
too big to bring, just bring some pictures of it.   I can bring a projector
if anyone wants to do powerpoint.  It doesn't even have to be directly
related to ham radio.

Possibilities include:

- putting up a home antenna or tower, or a mobile antenna

- portable operating

- something you've built

- vintage or new equipment - rigs, handhelds, mobile, tuners, amps, whatever

- using digital modes

- working satellites

We will also demo the operation of the new 2m digital repeater, and I'll
bring my FTM-3200 radio (the relatively new 2m digital radio sold by Yaesu
that sells for $135 online
<https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/ysu-ftm-3200dr> ).

So come on out, even if you don't have something you can see what others are
doing!

73,

Roger N5RWK