[W5SFA] Annual Banquet, Special Event Station

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Fri Jan 2 20:12:35 CST 2015

Fellow W5SFA'rs:

Happy New Year!  Our annual banquet is coming up on Saturday, January 24 at
Cameron's Barndominium, starting with a 1-3 pm "Happy Hour" with eating
starting at 3 pm.  As  was with previous years, bring a pot luck dish, and
the club will provide a main course for the meal.  Send a note to the
reflector to let us know you'll be coming, how many people and what dish you
will be bringing.

The informal committee we formed (Gil Franke, Ron Beauregard, Skip Ferguson,
Dan White, Cameron Mitchell and myself) to work on the Special Event station
idea has developed the following proposal:

"That the W5SFA club operate a Special Event Station during a weekend in
October, 2015 (specific date to be determined).  The Special Event will be
the founding of the Austin Colony in 1823.  (If agreeable to everyone, we
can tack on Austin's Birthday to the event, since the dates are so close).
The event can  have multiple operating locations, for example Stephen F.
Austin State Park, San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site, club member's
shacks, the A.C. Courthouse or some other location."

We can talk about this more at the banquet...we have plenty of time to make
preparations, and of course all club members would be welcome to
participate.  This will be great opportunity for anyone who wants to get
acquainted with HF operating.  More discussion to come, since there are lots
of details and preparations to make.

Thanks,

Roger N5RWK

---