[W5SFA] Club Meeting on Wednesday

Roger Klein rwklein at katyweb.net
Mon Aug 24 17:14:32 CDT 2015

Folks,

Our monthly meeting will be held this Wednesday, August 26.  As usual,
dinner at 6 pm, followed by the meeting at 7 pm.

One change:  we will be on the left side of Yani's, not the right side - it
should be cooler there!  (If you arrive first, remind the Yani's staff of
this in case they forget!)

I believe we will have some VEC testing as well.

The agenda for the meeting is as follows:

SPECIAL EVENT STATION

- It is not too late to sign up for the Special Event Station on Sept 26-27.

- Even if you hold Technician Class license, you can still participate since
we will have higher level license control operators using the club call.

- We will schedule a dry run in September for those interested.

ARES

- Ray, Gil and I met with Mark Taylor, the District Emergency Coordinator
for STX District 1.  We had a good discussion about getting an ARES
organization started.  The first step is we have to nominate an EC to STX
ARES to begin the process.

ARDUINO

- We'll have a technical talk at the end of the meeting about Arduino
devices and applications to Ham Radio by yours truly.   There will be a door
prize at the end!

Also, dues are due if you haven't paid yet...$20 for an individual, $21 for
family.

Thanks,

Roger